Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Dare to Get Dirty 2014



I've been away from my blog for far too long. I have been busy the last few days trying to play along in the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges for fan club members at splitcoaststampers.com. They're loads of fun and there are LOADS of them! I'm uploading a couple here that have close up photos to go along with them.
I made an embossed metal butterfly laid over lace on this one. I embossed my sentiment in copper onto a panel cut from a greeting card someone sent me.

I used alcohol inks-copper and purple to add color to the metal.Stamps: Warmest Regards Paper: Natural White, greeting card dp Paper Size: A2 Ink: Versamark, Alcohol Inks Accessories: Graphic 45 Butterfly Blank, Vintaj embossing die, Classy Copper ep, Lace, CE Techniques: Embossing, Metal Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2544562#ixzz39T7KFO7z

I took a wood piece and painted, embossed and rubbed more paint to "shabby" it up. I used liquid pear and gem accents.

This went onto an anniversary card for my parents who've lived most of their married life in the Chicago area and the last 11 years in the city itself.Stamps: Verve-Happy Anniversary, VLV-Chicago Skyline Paper: Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold, Doily Paper Size: A7 Ink: Versarmark, Encore Gold Accessories: Offray Gold Mesh Ribbon, Timeless Type die, Gold ep, Gold Organdy, Simply Surfaces Wooden Chandelier, TH Distress ep-Antique Linen, gems, Liquid Pearls-Buttercup, Recollections Milk Paint, Acrylic Gold paint Techniques: Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2545210#ixzz39T7ZKqD2
Here's a wedding card that I made today for my DD to use.
This features felt flowers made with SU's Spiral Flower Die and some Little Leaves cut from transparency paper. I overlaid a vellum sheet with my embossed sentiment over the card base that I dry embossed in the Elegant Lines ef.

Easier to see the embossing and dry embossing on this close up.Stamps: Stampabilities-from this day forward Paper: Very Vanilla, Vellum cardstock, Acetate Paper Size: A7 Ink: Encore Gold Accessories: Felt, Spiral Flower Die, Little Leaves Die, Ribbon, Clear ep, Elegant Lines ef, glue dots, sticky sheet (for the flowers)Techniques: Dry Embossing, Embossing, Spiral Flower

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2545699#ixzz39T7pHdbE

No comments:

Post a Comment