Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Pounding Flowers

     The Mixability Challenge yesterday was to pound or smash flowers. I grabbed some while I took my dog for a walk yesterday and then took a few from my garden too. Today I tried out a cucuzza leaf from my squash plant after seeing a Dina's beautiful leaf print card.
These are the two prints from a small leaf. I fussycut the one on the right to use on my collage card.
Here the leaf, as well as several other elements, has been tea stained. Lots of distressing 

Here's a close up of the card I made using a larger leaf (this squash plant gets huge and has quite large leaves!) I used a regular pencil to add shading, blending with my finger. 

Here's the finished card; I kept it simple with some added spatter and sponging as well as script stamped using the leaf as a mask.Stamps: French Script, Gorgeous Grunge, You Are Loved Paper: Smoky Slate, Soft Suede, Watercolor Paper Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz Accessories: Sponge, Leaf and Big Shot, Pencil, Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star Pen Techniques: Sponging, Pounded Flowers, Pencil Shading, Masking

Read more:   http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2657353#ixzz3jbQQwIFL

Here are some flowers laid out ready to pound.

You lose the true colors in the pounded prints.





My youngest wanted to get in on the action-instant art class!

This ended up being one of my favorites and I got two "prints" from this batch of 4 red carnations from my garden.
The green parts didn't really show up and I was working on another inspired card. I've added homemade embossing paste over the non-colored areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment