Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Loving Mixed Media


I am LOVING Mixed Media

A look at how a mixed media panel comes together.

Here's the final product
It all started with a dictionary page that I painted over with a matte white gesso. I actually thought ahead and let it dry overnight.
I embossed my Pleasant Poppies image using Versamark and black detailing powder
I colored using the marker layering technique-first I used Riding Hood Red and Old Olive with some Daffodil Delight in the centers
Next layer was Real Red and Always Artichoke
 +

I used a Sahara Sand marker to shade along the edges     
I painted on some more Gesso around my flowers which pulled in some of the red into the bg (this was a happy accident...I thought I could cover over the red, but the more I tried the more it spread so I ended up going with it and pulling some out in other areas of the panel as well!) 

I cut a post it note mask and used some blue reinkers and water in my mister
I sponged some Island Indigo around the edges as well. I had to cut another piece of black framing as I'd messed up the edges of the first. I scored a Crumb Cake base and embossed my sentiment using Versamark and black ep. I used the layout from susanbri's pretty card
I used my Sahara Sand marker again to add the shading around the flowers again
Here's another look at the final product

SUPPLIES LIST


Stamps: Pleasant Poppies, Wonderful Words
Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, dictionary page
Ink: Versamark, Island Indigo
Accessories: Markers: Real Red, Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, blue reinkers and spritzer, sponge, Matte Gesso, Scoring Board, Black Detail Embossing Powder
Techniques: Marker Layering, Dry Embossing, Embossing, Sponging

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!!! Love the step by step directions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland, Gail. You should be great at this with your wonderful explanations and photos. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete