Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Simply Pressed Leaves

     I wanted to play around with my Simply Pressed Clay to make some leaves. I ended up going a bit too far and wound up with a pretty ugly color, but I'm sharing my process with you anyway :)
      I added drops of reinker to my clay and ended up with a color similar to silly putty (NOT what I was going for) I laid acetate diecut leaves and cut around them with a knife. I then inked the canvas bg stamp and the spatter from French Foliage with Versamark and different color inks to press patterns into the leaves. Then I used a stylus to add the veining.























      
     Here's the final card-still need to work A LOT more on the techniques! My biggest take home is to be sure to roll onto something you're going to be able to remove the clay from easily.  I ended up having to re-roll and try again due to sticking and that's what ended up muddying my colors so much.
 

Stamps: French Flair, French Foliage, Canvas, Plane & Simple
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Soft Suede, Tempting Turquoise, Crumb Cake, More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso
Accessories: Watercolor Crayons, Paint brush, Foam Brush, Gesso, Simply Pressed Clay, Natural Trim, Twine, Crystal Effects, Distressed Texturz Plate, Autumn Accents dies, Foam Squares, Sponge, Water Spriter, Designer label Punch

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2426597#ixzz2fSP9do3p

2 comments:

  1. Is this clay really "Paper Clay?" I can't get anyone to answer this question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used Paper Clay. Birgit, Biggan on splitcoast, uses something called silk clay and I think it is similar to that. Other people use Crayola Model Magic in similar ways. The SU product is really easy to work with. I need to get it out again and play!

    ReplyDelete