Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sketched Times Three

     I had a lot of fun playing around with today's sketch from splitcoast stampers sketch challenge. 
 My first card is a 5x7" card because I wanted to use a reverse die cut of a tree that I had laying on my desk. I embossed my Kraft base-piece#1, used dp for piece #2, burlap for #3 and my diecut for #5. I embossed some twill tape in the Chevron ef which I inked with Sahara Sand for piece #4. I added a sentiment tag with a metal leaf charm accent.

Stamps: Mixed Greetings
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, My Minds Eye DP-Happy Days Petticoat
Paper Size: 5x7
Ink: Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Accessories: MBossabilities Asian ef, Chevron Ef, Designer label punch, sponge, leaf charm, Impression Obsession-bare tree die, burlap, Twill Tape
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Sponging, Reverse Die Cut

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2428837#ixzz2fyAOmed4
 I was inspired by two photos on Pinterest for this one and also by a technique I saw there to use white crayon with a watercolor wash over it. I doodled around the resisted flowers and added some spatter and a popped heart. 
 
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, French Foliage
Paper: Island Indigo, Kraft, TPSdp-Wood Fence Turquoise
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Gelato blue, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo
Accessories: Nestabilities Square, Michael's ribbon, Hearts punch, Candy Dots-subtles and brad base, white crayon, brush, Marvy Le Pen
Techniques: Crayon Resist with watercolor, Brad Bow

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2428843#ixzz2fyBUMUDG
     This last one is also based on the same photo and uses the same technique, but I used watercolor paper and two inks over my crayon this time. I went back with the same spatter image wet with water to remove some of the color. The bg pieces are all gelatin plate prints. I used a marker to ink the words for my sentiment as the stamp is a long vertical sentiment that I couldn't use in its original form.

Keywords: SC455 Crayon Resist Gelatin Plate Printing
Stamps: Endless Creations sentiment, French Foliage
Paper: Early Espresso, Garden Green, Watercolor Paper, White, acrylic paints
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Coatal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point
Accessories: Gelatin Plate, Plaid Stencil, Dry Wall Mesh Tape, White Crayons, Paint Brush, Gems
Techniques: Gelatin Plate Print, Crayon Resist with watercolor, Omitting With Markers, Water to remove color

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2428840#ixzz2fyCNZoP0

No comments:

Post a Comment