Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Bind Us Together



    As I was working on this Hope You Can Cling To Challenge card, I kept thinking of the hymn Bind Us Together. It is one of the blessings of suffering, that the bonds of family and friendship grow even tighter as we draw together in support of our loved ones. I chose to use twine for my binding, but I've seen some really cool composition notebook looks with tape so I may have to go back for a second try! Here's my finished card.
My bg piece is a work desk protector piece used when I was making a card using blue spray. I added some more blue and then watered down acrylic paint spatters as well as some dry wall mesh stenciling. I also stamped some misted music notes.

For my stitching, I scored a line 1/2" from the normal card fold. I glued my bg piece over the base to the right of the scoring. I then used my template to pierce stitching holes. I pierced every other hole in the template on either side of my scoring.

Here's what the holes look like before stitching.

I used a large needle and thin twine.

I should have started from the top with my knot (I ended up going back and adding a knot in the first hole). I stitched diagonally.

Here's what the stitching looks like from the back side.

Once the stitching was completed, I used a piece of double sided tape between the edge of the card and the score line. When you open the card, it only opens up to the point of the "spine"

No comments:

Post a Comment