Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Warm & Fuzzy

     I had an opportunity to make a card for Lori's Warm and Fuzzy HYCCT Challenge. I had made a card previously using the dry blending technique with Gelatos and thought it would be a great way to use some warm colors for the challenge. It is a really simple, technique that gives really vibrant colors since there is no watering down of the Gelato color. 
I used my Gelatos to scribble color circles on my card stock. I ended up adding a bit more color once I started blending.

Now comes the fun, rub away with your finger. I used different fingers for the different colors.

Here's what the colors look like once they're blended. I purposely blended the colors together a bit where they abut.

This was really a quick card once I got my blending accomplished. I simply added a 3D sticker and some fuzzy pom pom trim. I keep meaning to try this with some cool colors and see how I like it sometime, but I need to get more Gelatos!!!
Hope you'll join in the fun at splitcoaststampers for the month long Hope You Can Cling To Challenges and card drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment