I decided to try to mesh two techniques together and I'm really excited at how it turned out. I haven't turned this into a card yet, but I love the look and decided to share it now.
The first technique I described in my last blog post. I learned it from last week's Mixability Challenge where Lydia linked the fun tutorial for very loose, illegible writing as a bg. The second technique was featured a couple of weeks ago on splitcoast and it is called watercolor lifting. I have combined the two using distress inks and a liquid coffee that I sometimes use as a spray with my writing done using a Versamarker.
I started off by smooshing several different Distress Inks onto some plastic packaging and adding water and dripping in some of the coffee liquid. I make this from instant coffee and water. (I guess I'm really doing 3 techniques because I know this one as Wrinkle Free Distress). I laid my paper, torn from a Mixed Media journal, down into the wet ink. Once that was dried, I did another dipping to intensify the color and dried again. I ran an embossing buddy over the whole sheet and then used my Versamarker to illegibly write over the whole sheet. If I remember correctly, I loosely wrote the lyrics from a couple of worship choruses on this one. I then embossed with clear ep.
|As you can see, it is hard to see the writing when the whole piece is darker.|