Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sketch Me A Valentine (and some masculine cards too!)

I took advantage of this week's circle based sketch from Allison to get some Valentines made. Here's the sketch for this week's sketch challenge at splitcoaststampers.com
I ended up flipping the sketch and made one of my cards a square.
This punch art bulls-eye was inspired by this great CAS card by manitobastamper that I saw on Pinterest.
Stamps: NonePaper: Whisper White, Real Red, Silver Glimmer PaperPaper Size: A2Ink: NoneAccessories: Heart sequins, Rhinestone Word, Hearts punch, Circle punches, Square punch, SU arrow clips, Stampin' DimensionalsTechniques: Punch Art

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2472269#ixzz2qTa4kNel

I'm more fond of this square card in non-traditional Valentine colors
This one features a heart I Zentangled while attending my DD's swim meet....gotta do something to pass the time in the lull between the diving and swimming!
Stamps: Small ScriptPaper: White, Black, Real Red, Watercolor PaperInk: Versafine OnyxAccessories: Full Heart and 3/4" Square Punch, Circle Nestabilities, Wire Ribbon and Organdy Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Black ep, Micron PensTechniques: Zentangle, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2472259#ixzz2qTar2JWo

This was a really fun sketch and easy to work with....I have several more ideas brewing so we'll see if I have time to execute them. Hope you'll join along in the fun!
    Had to come back and add a couple more that I squeezed into my day. Needed a masculine card for my cousin who had major surgery on his esophagus so I worked the sketch in that direction.
This one has the strips wheeled with the Timber wheel and lines added with a marker and ruler.
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Timber wheel, Warmest RegardsPaper: Cherry Cobbler, Kraft, SU dpPaper Size: A2Ink: Early Espresso, VersamarkAccessories: Natural Trim, Linen Thread, Early Espresso Embossing Powder, EE Marker, 2 1/2" circle punchTechniques: Embossing, Sponging Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2472517#ixzz2qUh4QnoX

For the 2nd one, I used woodgrain dp for the strips and laid them over a woodgrain embossed panel.
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Stampabilities In My ThoughtsPaper: Cherry Cobbler, Kraft, SU dp, plaid dpPaper Size: A2Ink: Early Espresso, VersamarkAccessories: Texturz Plate-Distressed, 2 1/2" circle punch, 1" square punch, Early Espresso ep, Gesso, spongeTechniques: Dry Embossing, Embossing, Sponging

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2472518#ixzz2qUhR73Lb

No comments:

Post a Comment