Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Color Challenge from Cleanup

     My desk has needed a good cleanup for a very long while! When I saw today's CAS Challenge was a color challenge, I decided to kill two birds with one stone.  I sorted out my scrap pieces and put away most of them, but I kept a separate pile going with scraps in the color family of the inspiration colors from design seeds
Some of my browns have a more yellow tone to them than the picture, but I went from my memory and missed the mark just a tad here and there. Here's a rare sight....a clear work surface!

Here's the pile of scraps (imagine a pile triple this one and you'll get an idea of the pile I had on the right side of my desk! 
Here are the scraps sorted into colors
Here is my first card made from the scrap pile. I formed a little collage and glued it to a base.Stamps: Thoroughly ThankfulPaper: Natural White, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Real Red, Chocolate ChipPaper Size: A2Ink: Soft Suede, Sahara SandAccessories: Texturz Plate for diagonal embossing, Scallop Edge punch, Tag punches, hemp, spongeTechniques: Dry Embossing
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2477510#ixzz2rect0pWi
This one used a piece of CitraSolv magic prepared paper, the sentiment (sponged to tone down the white a bit), the pieces of die cut tree, and the burlap strip. I punched and added the flowers.Stamps: Stampabilities-You're In My Thoughts Paper: Soft Suede, SU dp, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Primrose Petals, National Geographic page with ink dissolved Paper Size: 3X6"Ink: Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede Accessories: Memory Box-Bare Tree, MS Hydrangea Punch, Gelly Roll Clear Star pen, Stylus, Burlap, Sponge Techniques: CitraSolv Magic, Sponging http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2477532#ixzz2redt48oN
I still have my piles waiting so I'll probably be back later with more!
     *Here are three more cards so I'll have this many less scraps to file away!



No comments:

Post a Comment