Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Guess Who Finally Got A Gelli Plate

    I finally broke down and bought myself a Gelli plate. I played around with a homemade gelatin plate first and it was so much fun! I bought the 8x10" size. Here are some photos from my session today.
Here's my homemade stencil getting placed on the plate (it still has a bit of paint from the last session). I used the SU and Martha Stewart snowflake punches on a transparency sheet.

I blobbed several colors of blue, including a glittery one, and some white and used my brayer to spread it over the stencil.

Here's what's left....these type are good to layer over previous solid prints, but I just used what I had here.

I have a large dictionary from the thrift store and I laid a sheet of that over my paint.

Here's that print...not my fave!

I took my brayed and rolled out the rest of the paint since I didn't have any solids to print over. 

I laid some bubble wrap down into the paint and pressed.

Here's the print of that. 

Here's a print from a previous session that I'm going to add some bubble wrap print to.

I pressed the wet bubble wrap over the previous print.

Here's how I get the look I like best. You lay the wet stencil down with the wet side up.

Here's the first pull from that.

Starting the same process; this is still using the original paint that's still on my brayer.

There are all prints I took from the one application of paint! Because my stencil is smaller, most of these have 2 prints on either side of the sheet.

Here's a card I made with a print my daughter and I made yesterday using a store-bought snowflake stencil. I also punched the other snowflakes from a solid print and layered those over the snowflake print.Stamps: Season of Joy Paper: Tempting Turquoise, White, Whisper WHite Paper Size: A7 Ink: Tempting Turquoise, MS chalk ink Accessories: Gelli plate, acrylic paints, Stencil, Snowflake punches (SU and MS), hexagon punch, Rhinestones, Whisper White Organza ribbon, Gelly Roll Clear Star and Silver pens Techniques: Gelli Plate Printing, Sponging

Read more:
 http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2587159#ixzz3KwtDf33P
Passing it on to the next generation!



1 comment:

  1. Love this card and congratulations on being featured on the Gelli Arts FB page :-)

    ReplyDelete