Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Vintage Texaco Birthday

     I used the sketch from splitcoaststampers sketch challenge as it was just perfect for the birthday card I was asked to make. I have my card rack at an antique/collectibles store in town and we've recently moved into an old gas station building. The owner's birthday is tonight and we're combining our Christmas party with a celebration of his bday. The vendors from the store have chipped in to buy him a vintage Texaco sign and asked me to make a card to go along with the gift. They specifically mentioned yellow as one of the colors so I went with that instead of white as the color behind the star.
    I stamped my gas pump first and wish I'd thought to remove the framing portion of the stamp, but at one point thought this was the only image I'd use. I embossed it in black and then watercolored with a wet brush dipped in ink from the ink pad lids. I had made a circle element based on the Texaco star but this ended up on the inside of the card. So, I used my Versamarker to ink up only the car portion and omitting the framing and then embossed the car in black ep. I used a sponge to add Suede to the edges and then also stamped some Suede spatter. For my base, I embossed my row of stars (referencing my Texaco star) and used the Sanded bg and sponging to go with my theme. Stamped my sentiment in Midnight Muse and matted my image panel in the same.




My star was made by punching a So Saffron circle. I laid my star stencil over this and sponged in Riding Hood Red. I then laid the bullseye from the same stencil over that and sponged the outer red circle. I punched a "T" in Wild Wasabi and glued that on.  
I used the same Sanded and Itty Bitty Backgrounds to add a bit of "texture" to the base of the card.
Stamps: Antique Autos, Sanded, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Happiest Birthday Wishes, Stampabilites: Aged to Perfection Paper: Wild Wasabi, Midnight Muse, Natural Ivory, So Saffron Ink: Midnight Muse, Riding Hood Red, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Versamark Accessories: Black ep, CB star border ef, Sponge, Memory Keepers alphabet punch, paintbrush Techniques: Omitting with Markers, Watercoloring with Ink Pad Lids, Embossing, Dry Embossing, Sponging

                                                     Read more:    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2589234#ixzz3LhtBIrey

No comments:

Post a Comment