Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

Sanitized Reinker

Played around with a fun technique today using alcohol ink/reinkers and hand sanitizer. I used glossy paper for maximum spreading. I started out with Adirondak Meadow only and covered my whole piece.


My next step was to use Adirondak Pearl dripped on randomly.

I wanted the colors to be nice and deep so I dropped some more Meadown on over the pearl while it was still mostly wet.

Here's where the fun starts with the hand sanitizer. I took the wood end of my paintbrush and dipped it into hand sanitizer then dropped on circles of the gel and also made some veining.

After I dried it, I decided to try some home made shimmer spray which is rubbing alcohol and shimmer ink. I thought it was pretty, but muted the colors more than I wanted so I ended up dropping on some more Meadow to deepen the green again.

I took my Gelly Roll Clear Star pen to add highlights around the background~terrible picture of the colors, but you can see the shimmer.



Here's the final card with some Indigo framing and a pretty corner piece that was a RAK from a splitcoast friend. I embossed the sentiment in clear ep using Versamark then Garden Green inks.
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes Paper: Wild Wasabi, Island Indigo, Glossy Paper Paper Size: A2 Ink: Garden Green, Versamark Accessories: Gelly Roll Clear Star Pen, Hand Sanitizer, Paintbrush, Spritzer with Homemade Shimmer Spray, Adirondak Alcohol Ink: Meadow, Pearl Techniques: Copic Ink Background, Embossing

                                                    Read more:   http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2649096#ixzz3gs0HZVBN

No comments:

Post a Comment