Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2016

From The Scrap Pile!


I was able to participate in the new month of challenges at splitcoast called Falliday Fest. I had a lot of fun, but generated a lot of scraps too! This was my leaping off point. I start out by sorting into color families and then just try to make little collages.
This week's Mixability Challenge took us to a fun blog- StampingMathilda where Godlieve Tijskens has a feature called Sunday Scraps. This was right up my alley and perfect since I had so many scraps on hand. I grabbed these and a few things I had sorted into small boxes and generated a bunch of fun collage style cards. 

Sorry for the bad photo...was too lazy to go down to the light box. I had specific inspiration for this one. I had picked up the metal scrap on a walk and when I saw this beautiful card of Godlieve's I knew I had to do something with my metal lattice. I didn't have any flowers handy so I went with the butterfly adding some glossy accents.
Discovered that You can use a marker through dry wall tape.


I had colored on a leaf diecut with Elegant Writers and activated with water. I also used some Vintage Photo distress ink. I crumpled the leaf and added copper ink

I learned a trick from Dina aka Dini a long while ago and have used it ever since. I keep a piece of white cardstock on my desk and that's what gets all my sponging, stamping off etc. I must have made a red white and blue card at some point. I loved how Godlieve used punched squares of her scraps and that's the start of this. I wanted to make a few more thank you's for the military card drive featured during the Falliday Fest Operation Quiet Comfort

Another fun idea I pulled from Godlieve was to arrange a patchwork look and stamp on some of the squares.

I had a large blue pile!


One of my favorite color combos

No comments:

Post a Comment