Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Spirograph Spraying

     I may be dating myself here, but who remembers playing with Spirograph sets? I had lots of fun making the designs with these so of course there's one in my stash of kid's toys. None of my kids every appreciated this toy as much as I did. When I saw today's sketch at splitcoaststampers sketch challenge I thought it would be fun to try out the spirographs as a mask with spray. 
I laid my Spirograph circles down and then laid a sheet of scrap paper to cover the rest of the card. I then sprayed with Distress Ink Spray Stain-Broken China here

I moved the sheet to the other side and sprayed again in the second color-Picked Raspberry

I gave the whole card a spray with Heidi Swapp sheer Color Shine Spray and embossed my sentiments in colored ep.
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes
Paper: White
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Distress Spray Stain: Broken China, Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey Tempting Turquoise and Melon Mambo ep
Techniques: Masking

Here's a simpler one without the split panel. I punched the snowflakes out of glossy paper then laid them down as masks. I sprayed Heidi Swapp Sweet Mint and White sprays and a few spritzes of Broken China Distress spray then removed my masks. I put tiny snowflakes in the centers. I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment and did three layers to get it distinct. I added some gems to the snowflake centers.

Stamps: Ornamental Pine
Paper: Bermuda Bay, White
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Punches: MS, SU and Recollections Snowflakes, Heidi Swapp Color Shine Sheer and Sweet Mint Sprays, Distress Ink Spray Stain-Broken China, rhinestones, MISTI
Techniques: Masking
Here's another spirograph design but with the same spray colors as the snowflake card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment