Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Give Your Burdens

Ever have one of those times in your life where everything just seems hard. We've just been dealing with some hard stuff lately. I picked up this verse stamp a while back but had put it in with some other stamps and forgotten about it. I'm plugging away at organizing my stamping area and came across this verse that really spoke to me today. I took the card sketch from today's sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers.com and used it as the basis for my framed piece. 



I thought about another umbrella man die cut that I already had sitting on my desk, but then this other one cut from a leftover piece caught my eye instead. I wanted to use the mask to form a puddle/reflection but had to reverse the sketch as my piece was cut in this direction. It also had to be done on the vertical due to the size of the die cut. Both the base piece and my die cut are made with dictionary paper coated in Gesso with the die cut piece using both white and grey Gesso as well as blue spray. My base piece was sprayed with homemade blue reinker spray that I then forced to puddle and drip down using a paintbrush. I sponged inside my reverse mask with Midnight Muse. I stamped my sentiment in the same and then threw the clear ep over that while it was still wet and embossed the sentiment. I went back and added some more sponging to try to bring the words out more clearly. I also sponged around the edge of my die cut for definition also. The frame (which was a glossy cs) was stamped with Midnight Muse also and then I sponged the edges a bit and that sort of smeared on that glossy cs.




Stamps: Print Works-Give Your Burdens
Paper: Dictionary Page, Night of Navy, picture frame glossy cs
Ink: Midnight Muse, blue reinkers
Accessories: Grey and White Gesso, Spritzer, Sponge, Paintbrush, clear embossing powder, Tim Holtz Umbrella Man die
Techniques: Reverse masking, Sponging, Tearing, Spritzing, Embossing

No comments:

Post a Comment