Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Clean and Simple

I don't know about you, but I find clean and simple to be anything but simple to pull off sometimes!  I love the look though and I find the challenge to create CAS cards well worth the effort.  Here's a few I've put together this week.
This one was made for this week's CAS challenge which was a pinterest photo inspiration in these fun bright colors. I don't often use oranges, but I like the look of my Pumpkin Pie base on this one.
Stamps: A Little Love, Bloomin' Marvelous
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso, Versamark, Real Red
Accessories: Clear ep, Perfect Polka Dots ef, Scoring Board, Markers, Stampin' Dazzle Silver Marker, Glitter Pen
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2388467#ixzz2XGQNQ62j
I'm tossing my hat in the Summer Design Team Search for the CAS challenge and this is my card for the first round. The theme is a lobster bake with this photo collage as the main inspiration and the colors: Red, Navy or Aqua, Yellow and White as our marching orders. The beach/summer theme brought this image to mind and I loved the table cloth in the picture so I just had to bring some gingham! I sponged my sky, used markers on the hat, ribbon, and flowers and used a QTip with Pastels for the skin and dress. I purposely kept the coloring minimal to add to the clean look of the card.
Stamps: Summer by the Sea, Bloomin' Marvelous
Paper: Whisper White, Midnight Muse
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown, Midnight Muse, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Markers (Real Red, So Saffron) Pastels (Night of Navy, Blush Blossom), Cloud Moon & Stars Template, Sponged, Red Gingham Ribbon
Techniques: Sponging

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2387918#ixzz2XGQzuFFe

No comments:

Post a Comment