Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sketch Challenge Time Again!

It is fun to see just how versatile a sketch can be when you play around with it! I love using split card backgrounds so I knew I'd love the sketch from splitcoaststampers today!
For my first card, I went in a masculine direction when I saw this dp on my desk. I cut my piece then cut it in half and flipped one side over. I added some recycled chunky twine across the join. I used the repeated stamping technique to make it look like my horse is running across the card by stamping it full strength on the right hand side of the panel then stamping 3 more times without reinking for the effect. I embossed my sentiment in Early Espresso ep and sponged the edges in Soft Suede
Stamps: Wanted, All Year Cheer
Paper: SU dp, Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, Natural White
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Versamark
Accessories: Sponge, Clear and Early Espresso embossing powders, 1 3/8" circle punch
Techniques: Repeated Stamping, Embossing, Sponging

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2383747#ixzz2W37qwUBn
Bought these pretty papers and tags the other day and thought they'd work well for the sketch. The paper reminded me of denim so I added that across the center.
Stamps: Vintage Labels, Silhouette Sentiments
Paper: Natural Ivory, River Rock, teresa collins-Damask dp
Ink: Not Quite Navy, River Rock, Soft Suede, Versamark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Scallop Circle and 1" circle punches, Vanilla Seam Binding, denim strip, K&Co tag
Techniques: Reverse Masking, Sponging, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2383802#ixzz2W381JMEY
Flipped the sketch and used the full tag this time. Used another denim accent and distressed and sponged the circle as well as sponging in Not Quite Navy around the tag.
Stamps: Circle of Friendship
Paper: River Rock, Whisper White, River Rock dp,
Ink: Not Quite Navy, River Rock
Accessories: K&Co Tag, string, Cutter kit distressing tool, denim, sponge, Recollection gold and Michael's white flowers, 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon, foam squares
Techniques: Distressing, Sponging

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2383807#ixzz2W38xFVIQ
Couldn't resist making one more while the family watched TV that I wasn't interested in. Embossed a piece of foil that once sealed a coffee can and embossed my sentiment.
Stamps: ODB Scripture Collection 1
Paper: Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler, retired SU dp
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Early Espresso embossing powder and 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, MBossabilities Reverence ef, corner rounder punch
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2383866#ixzz2W3xFMFGE

No comments:

Post a Comment