Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Muted Mixed Media


      I've been out of the stamping room for a few days with an out of town wedding and then right back home to VBS preparations. I took time today to play along with two challenges on splitcoaststampers.  I CASEd this pretty card for the Queen for the Day challenge honoring Lori aka saintsrule. I also tried out a new to me technique from the Mixability challenge. You can check out the awesome tutorial from Kyra Sanders.
Here's the final card.



Stamps: Canvas by Stampin' Up, Stampendous Jumbo Peony, Stampabilities-Trust in the Lord
Paper: Kraft, Garden Green, Natural White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Gumball Green, Garden Green, Sahara Sand, Gesso, Adirondak snowcap paint dauber
Accessories: Rose Red seam binding, Linen Thrread, Eyelet, Button, Cutter Kit Distressing Tool,
Techniques: Brilliant Pastels

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2387741#ixzz2WzgH7o8z


I started by smearing ink directly onto a piece of acetate.
I then spritzed liberally with water.
After laying my paper directly onto the ink, I dried with my heat gun then stamped over the ink. Note how bright the colors are at this point. If this were the look I was going for it would be good to go, but I wanted a much more muted effect.
So, I took matte white Gesso and applied it over the whole piece with a credit card.
I sponged some Sahara Sand along the edges and stamped over the whole piece with the Canvas bg stamp in Sahara.
I smeared some acrylic paint over the area where I was going to add my sentiment. After I stamped the sentiment, I went back over the area with the Canvas bg stamp again.

No comments:

Post a Comment