Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Silver and Pearls

   My family thinks I'm crazy, but this is why I save random things like the foil linings of coffee cans. Today's HYCCT challenge is called Strength of Steel and asks us to use metal elements on our cards. I also used today's sketch in a 5x7" format with the added circle sentiment at the bottom as it seemed to fit there best.


     My coffee can foil was embossed in the Manhattan Flowers ef. I then mixed alcohol blending solution, currant ink and pearl mixative to color my roses. I went back with a little of the plain currant to add darker areas. I used the meadow ink to add color to the bg. My dp was embossed in the Elegant Lines ef...since it was thinner paper I ended up with some broken paper with white showing so I sponged with Razzleberry ink. My base is embossed in the MBossabilities Reverence ef and the whole card is embossed. My sentiment is embossed in silver and I added pearl accents around the card.

Stamps: Elegant Greetings
Paper: Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Rich Razzleberry, Razzleberry Lemonade dp
Paper Size: 5x7
Ink: Versamark, Rich Razzleberry, Adirondak Alcohol Inks: Currant, Meadow, Pearl Mixative, Alcohol Blending Solution
Accessories: MBossabilities Reverence ef, Manhattan Flowers ef, Elegant Lines ef, Celery Organdy Ribbon, Silver ep, Pearls, Candy Dots Brad Base,
Techniques: Embossing, Sponging

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2434860#ixzz2hF0mpf00

1 comment: