Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hope Always

     Today was the first day of the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges at splitcoast and I'm staying on track so far! I loved Lydia's first challenge which was called Inner Strength that asked us to add some dimension to something on the inside of a card and use a window to it from the outside. I had come across this pretty wall art from Joss & Main and was inspired to go from there. Can't believe I forgot about the swirl on the right because I had the perfect wheel for that, but oh well....maybe next time!
Believe Wall Art from Joss & Main  
                         Here's what I came up with!

   
Stamps: Summer Silhouettes, Pure & Simple Alphabet Upper, Small Script
Paper: Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip, Dictionsary page
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Brocade Blue and Close to Cocoa Craft Inks, Adirondak Cloudy Blue Paint
Accessories: White and Grey Gesso, Paintbrush, Clear Embossing Powder, Pearls, Natural Trim, Linen Thread, Nestabilities Circles
Techniques: Window, Embossing, Distressing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2431348#ixzz2gXBoptdA    I started off with a dictionary page and coated it with White matte Gesso. It was a bit too stark white (I'd used a newer dictionary instead of my old, yellowed one) so I added some Grey Gesso and then used a baby wipe to remove most of it. 

     I inked up my leaves with Craft Close to Cocoa then used a paint brush to add some Brocade Blue craft ink as well as some Adirondak Cloudy Blue paint before I stamped the image. 

I used my Nestabilities Circles to cut my top panel. I laid this over my card where I wanted the window to go and traced this. I then lined up the smaller circle inside this and then laid the circle the same size as my window around that.

      I stamped my upper sentiment in the Brocade Blue and used my brush to mix some paints for the inside sentiment then embossed it with clear ep.  I cut a Chocolate Chip frame and cut out the inside of it so that my window would show through. I had torn my edges of the dictionary page so I distressed and crumpled my frame too.
     After assembling it all together, I added some pearl accents and then as I was cleaning my desk (trying to stay up with the straightening as I go during this time of extra challenges!) I found the little burlap accent piece I made earlier so I added that to the window as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment