Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Whitewashed Pear

     Jenn brought us a great new technique to try for today's Technique Lovers Challenge. As I'm definitely a technique junkie I couldn't pass it by and since we're following my DD's school schedule for the high school where she's taking one class in addition to our homeschooling and they had a day off due to fog, I had time to play!  Here's my final card.

I used all Stampin' Up products today:
Stamps: Infinite Goodness, French Script, You Are Loved (sentiment)
Paper: Early Espresso, Natural Composition dp, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, So Saffron
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry
Accessories: White embossing powder, Cutter Kit Distressing Tool, 3/4" square punch, Bella fiber, Linen Thread, dimensionals
Techniques: Masking, Sponging, Distressing, Faux Whitewash, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2430501#ixzz2gOZASVOG
Here are some photos of the process. I'm having to use DD's camera as my shutter is stuck shut and they want $182 to fix it!!! Anyway-DD and I have some learning to do with her camera so they're a bit blurry.
Stamped pear and leaves in Whisper White craft then embossed with white ep. I masked over them (ended up cutting mask for the lower part of the leaves too) and stamped my French Script bg.

Here's what I started with-I'm using Crumb Cake paper

Adding the white washing-watered down Whisper White craft ink

Layering on the color-you can see the pilling starting-should have used a different paper.

Darker greens added here

Final layer of color was Crushed Curry and then I added some shading to the bottom. My 11yo DD says the pilling makes the card looked rustic-I love that girl!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment