Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tuesday in Color

     Tuesday is the day for the color combo challenge at splitcoast and I admit that I found this one challenging indeed.  We were asked to use: Gumball Green, Smoky Slate and Whisper White. I'm not completely thrilled with my results, but I did think it would be fun to see the positive/negative looks with brayering over embossing.
 The card on the left has the Smoky Slate brayered over the debossed side of the Whisper White embossed in the Manhattan Flower ef. I stamped my leaves in Gumball, stamping them off on the sentiment tag which has some Slate sponged on the edges. I added spatter from French Foliage. The card on the right has the brayering done on the embossed side. I ended up with a few smears on the flat part so I just added more to those corners.
Stamps: Fantastic Foliage, Thoughts & Prayers, French Foliage
Paper: Smoky Slate, Gumball Green, Whisper White
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Smoky Slate, Gumball Green
Accessories: Manhattan Flower embossing folder, brayer, sponge, designer label punch, stampamajig
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Brayering, Stamping Off

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2428108#ixzz2fv1mNJfD
 I had used this Benediction on the inside of the other cards and had this Slate piece leftover from cutting out the inside of the framing layer on one. I stamped the sentiment in Slate and used the Gumball leaves again stamping repeatedly without reinking each time. I set off the image panel with a scored frame on my white base.
Stamps: Fantastic Foliage, French Foliage, Stampendous Benediction
Paper: Smoky Slate, White
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Smoky Slate, Gumball Green
Accessories: Scoring Board
Techniques: Stamping Off

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2428114#ixzz2fv1yJQ9C

No comments:

Post a Comment