Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Using the Last Lattice

       I've already made 3 cards from one pass through my Big Shot with the Lattice die.  I cut 3 colors of cardstock at once then mixed and matched the pieces for 2 inlaid cards and used the Crumb Cake main lattice die cut as a stencil.  The leftover sponged through lattice is the basis for my first card.

      I loved the mix of blues and greens on the lattice-I had to sponge a bit of color onto the ends which had been covered by my mask, but I think I matched the colors pretty well. I sponged through some dry wall mesh on the bg for a bit more depth. This card uses this week's sketch from splitcoaststampers.com with the elements switched from the right to the left and since my square (lattice) was bigger I started out a bit lower.
 
Stamps: None
Paper: Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Soft Sky, Pacific Point Tempting Turquoise, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Lattice, Tim Holtz Bird on Branch and Birds&Blooms dies, Sponge, dry wall mesh
Techniques: Sponging, Die Cuts

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2420351#ixzz2e4uvrtoy
 Here's the last of my "scrap" pieces from the inside of the die cuts.  I laid the previous blue lattice piece onto my White piece and used  a pencil to trace the holes. I glued my pieces in place adding some 1/4" circle centers.  I then embossed (actually de-bossed) the whole piece together for the inlaid look.  I stitched this onto a Cherry base and embossed my sentiment in Pewter.
 
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Lattice die, Square Lattice embossing folder, 1/4" circle punch, Pewter ep, sewing machine
Techniques: Inlaid Embossing, Stitching

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2419774#ixzz2e4vgrujW

No comments:

Post a Comment