Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cherry Blossom Bliss

     This was a QUICK card that I threw together late last night/early this morning as my DS was having a "sleep"over and I was up anyway.  As soon as I saw this pretty jar 
 from this week's Inspiration site Williams Sonoma, I thought of a technique to capture the feel of the piece.  I simply inked up the negative side of my pretty Cherry Blossom ef with a LOT of Island Indigo ink ( I really should have used Midnight Muse, but I wasn't looking at the picture when  I chose the ink). I purposely swirled the ink around with a direct to "paper" technique to try to imitate the glaze on the beautiful jar. Then I stamped my sentiment in Versafine Onyx and then put it onto a top fold Whisper White base.
 This was a super quick card that could handle any type of sentiment, but with this Scripture verse it could either be a card of encouragement or a sympathy card.
Stamps: Verve Romans 8:18
Paper: Whisper White
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Island Indigo, Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Cherry Blossom ef(Darice I think)
Techniques: Faux Letterpress

     Here's another I did a while back with the same ef only this time I sponged the raised areas after embossing.
Stamps: Elegant Greetings
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Ink: Regal Rose
Accessories: Cherry Blossom ef by Nellie Snellen, Nestabilities Circles, Sponge, Whisper White Organza, Antique Brad
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Sponging, Sponging in the DIe

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2367708#ixzz2ev6rFcp5

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Totally love how you captured the texture of the glazing on the pot using EFs and ink. I've got my EFs out now and going thru them to see if I can get a look half as cool. TFS

    ReplyDelete