Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

PInterest Inspiration With An Edge

     This week's CAS Challenge is to use an edge punch (no dies).  I was also playing along with this week's Inspiration Challenge which was to be inspired by something on our new hostess' Pinterest board which was certainly full of inspiration. I found some photos that would fit the bill for the CAS challenge.  
    My first card was based on this awesome black and white wedding cake from Sweet Art.
     Here's my card with 2 fern die cuts layered together.
      This edge is punched with the Scallop Trim edge punch and lined with black to show it off. The top fern is glued only along the stem and the leaves are curled up. The sentiments are embossed in black and there is a glittery velvet ribbon.

Stamps: Petite Pairs
Paper: Whisper White, Black
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Black EP, Cheery Lynn Pair of Ferns dies, Scallop Trim Edge Punch, Glitter Ribbon
Techniques: Embossing, Edge Punch

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2421835#ixzz2eMHjFINT

      Here are a couple of close up photos where you can see the 3D elements better.
      Here is another black and white card that uses the eyelet punch on the outer right and inner bottom pieces.  I used another Cheery Lynn die-Fanciful Flourish in black on white with the leaf edges curled up.  I embossed this sentiment in black as well and punched it in oval and popped it up (over a mistake in the base card!)
     My final card is based on a beautiful piece of wall art from bouclair.
     Here's my take on this beautiful flower.
     I had fun trying my hand at painting my own image for this one using inks from the ink pad lids and a wet brush.  I then used markers to add line details and the dots in the flower center.  I also added some spatter.  I used the scallop edge punch on the vanilla base with a strip of Indigo to set off the punching.
 
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes
Paper: Very Vanilla, Island Indigo, Marina Mist, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Smoky Slate
Accessories: Markers, White Gel Pen, Scallop Edge Punch,
Techniques: Watercolor, Edge Punch, Spatter

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2421836#ixzz2eMHTZQBf
    Here are some close ups of the process.  I painted with the blues then afterward added white gel pen highlights and some more marker lines.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment