Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ink Removal Exercise!

     I've been a much more diligent home schooling mom this year which has meant less time in the stamp cave. I hadn't had a chance yet to try last week's Mixed Media challenge to use color on our piece then remove some of it.  I ended up with two cards from trying out the technique.
      This one uses the original piece that I'd inked-some Neutral patterns pack dp embossed with Elegant Lines ef that I used a direct to paper technique to add Melon Mambo onto the raised areas. I then wet the inked embossed areas, really the whole piece and flipped it onto a piece of watercolor paper and "stamped" the lines onto another sheet.

Stamps: Petite Pairs
Paper: Smoky Slate, Midnight Muse, Neutral Patterns Pack dp
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Midnight Muse, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Elegant Lines and Tulip Frame embossing folders, gesso, paintbrush, sponge, pearls, Melon Mambomarker
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Sponging, Gesso over DP

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2423786#ixzz2ekEU0IsH
 Here are those pieces side by side. You can see that the pink is still rather pronounced on the dp piece.
 I toned down the pink quite a bit, especially on the non-embossed areas with some white matte Gesso. I didn't like how much of the detail I lost on the embossed areas so I took a marker and added back some color. Then I used a wet brush again to blur those lines a bit.
 Card #2 uses the transferred Elegant Lines image. I used a wet brush to pick up ink from the Pool Party lid to add some wash to the bg. I also spattered some Mambo and watered down Midnight Muse. I added texture by laying the piece over some burlap, and sandwiching with an embossing mat and two acrylic mats in my Big Shot. Last step was to spatter with some plain water to remove some of the color. I also used a wet brush with some Melon Mambo ink to add a bit more detail to the lines.






Stamps: Words of Wisdom
Paper: Pool Party, Midnight Muse, Melon Mambo, Watercolor paper
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Pool Party, Melon Mambo, Midnight Muse
Accessories: Elegant Lines ef, Paintbrush, Burlap, Rubber mat and big shot
Techniques: Spatter, Ink Removal

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2423788#ixzz2ekEf8fyB

 

No comments:

Post a Comment