Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Glazed Like the Masters

     In keeping with my trend of combining challenges I made this for today's Free for All where I went with the option of using gold and also used Fall colors.  Today's mixability asked us to use glaze over something we'd colored in keeping with the art of the Old Masters.
     I already had this image colored on watercolor paper with watercolor crayons so I used Crystal Effects over it.  I cut a square Nestabilities frame in Cajun Craze and also a Scallop square in Chocolate Chip. I added some gilding to my outer frame with a Sharpie paint pen. The Daffodil base is embossed and I used a wooden accent flower that I added a Chocolate Chip circle to. I double punched my sentiment.
 
Stamps: Garden Collage, Event Full
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Natural Ivory, Watercolor Paper
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Stazon Black, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Elegant Bouquet ef, Scallop Oval, Medium Oval and Word Window and Bitty Shapes Punches, Square Nestabilities, Sizzix Scallop Squares, Gold Sharpie paint pen, Watercolor Crayons, Wooden Flower
Techniques: Watercoloring with Watercolor Crayons, Glazing, Dry Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2424147#ixzz2epd8m076

     Hope you can see the glazing and gilding.

No comments:

Post a Comment