Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Piecing In Color

     I decided to paper piece on my sample for this week's CAS challenge which is a color challenge: Smoky Slate, Midnight Muse, Melon Mambo and white.  I used a new set that I knew I was going to love-SU's Perfect Blend.  I had the circle lying on my desk so I stamped my coffee cup and sentiment on that. I stamped again on my strip of dp then cut out the sleeve and adhered it to the cup.  I had envisioned a flourish of grey steam, but when I stamped it, it just didn't look right to me because the cup had a lid on it. I ended up adding a row of grey scallops to my strip and then popped the circle panel over that.
 
Stamps: Perfect Blend
Paper: Whisper White, Midnight Muse, Smoky Slate, SU dp (Razzberry Lemonade I think)
Ink: Melon Mambo, Midnight Mse
Accessories: Tasteful Trim die, Stampin' Dimensionals
Techniques: Paper Piecing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2424849#ixzz2f1NC3JVV  
 Here are some others I did a while back using piecing. Piecing is a fun way to add some pattern and color quickly!

Stamps: Aint Love Grand
Paper: Whisper White, Ballet Blue, Bordering Blue, Poppy Parade,Kiwi Kiss, dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Black embossing powder, crystal effects, Punches: 1", 3/4", 1/2", 1/4" circles, bitty shapes, 1"square, owl (for heart)-Nestabilities Circle dies
Techniques: Inlaid/Inset embossing, Paper Piecing, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2336620#ixzz2f0MX75B0



Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Poppy Parade, In Color Patterns Pack dp
Ink: Stazon Black, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Markers, paintbrush, blender pen, sponge, CB ef, unknown ribbon, Circle Punches-2 1/2" 1 3/8"
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Sponging, Watercoloring with Markers on Acetate

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2352202#ixzz2f0MsDNSv

No comments:

Post a Comment