Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Retro Squares

     Today's Ways to Use It Challenge has us using squares. I thought of a pillow I saw at this week's inspiration site Eastern Accents that had fun, retro squares. I also thought that this would work well to add extra squares by using the inlaid embossing technique with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Here's the finished card.

Stamps: Timeless Talk
Paper: Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: 1 1/4" convex and concave square punches, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, ribbon, staple
Techniques: Inlaid Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2429079#ixzz2g1XB9LUI    Here's another view and a closeup of what the inlaid squares look like. I layered the sentiment box over the top of another square that I had in the bg.

    Just a hint, the inset pieces are easiest to do if you punch the inner shape first then punch the square around the hole.

1 comment: