Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Double the Inlay

     I love to use the inlaid embossing technique, but I've been admiring the use of tessaduck/Brenda's inlaid die cuts as in this pretty card here
     I decided to cut some extra pieces when I decided to use the lattice die as a stencil today on this CASE of a card by Lydia/understandblue
     I masked around the diecut that I laid down then used paint dauber, chalk ink direct to paper and sponged ink.
     ANYWAY....I diecut three different colors with the Lattice die and then pieced them together in a couple more cards. The double inlay comes into play because both cards are glued together then embossed in the Square Lattice embossing folder to create an inlaid look.

       This one is a 4 1/4" square card where I used the Cherry Cobbler lattice diecut with the Always Artichoke "petal" pieces and the Crumb Cake diamonds on a base of what I think is a piece of Baked Brown Sugar. The sentiment is double punched with the Designer Label punch backed by two Artichoke pieces punched the same way.
     This one takes the reverse diecut piece of Crumb Cake glued onto a Vanilla base. The Artichoke Lattice diecut has the Cherry Cobbler petals and I left the diamonds open. The sentiment had a circle punched piece layered over Artichoke with the corners ticket punched.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment