Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturdays are for Inspiration

     Saturdays are play days for me since I homeschool during the week and try to hold off on crafting until our school days are finished. Today I made a card for the Inspiration challenge and finished off a mixed media card that was inspired by a photo on Pinterest.
      Our inspiration site The Bella Cottage    is full of shabby chic wonderfulness so that's the direction in which my card went.  I saw this pretty chalkboard and that started me off.

 I used the chalkboard technique to make my chalkboard using some cool chalkboard paper from Recollections. I made my frame with a bg stamp in stamped off Baked Brown Sugar. I decided to make a brad bow
I crumpled some Very Vanilla seam binding and pulled out a candy dot brad base and pearls

I cut two pieces and started my loop

Open up your brad as far as you can-these base brads have a nice wide opening. I've looped the right side over the left.

I get my bow about how I want it, trying to keep the ends fairly even,

Now I lay the bow down into the opened brad pinching the ribbon to fit it all into the back of the base

I fold the prongs down and then folded them back in because they're pretty long.

I guess I didn't keep the ends as even as I thought!

Here's the finished bow-wish I'd kept the ends a bit longer. I frayed them on purpose for this shabby look.

My bow drove me to add few more flowers since the single cream one looked too lonely. I'm glad I did since the color added so much to the look.

Here's what the flower spray looked like before I started.




      I'm really excited with the final card. I embossed my Pistachio Pudding base with the Elegant Lines ef. I used it sideways running it through twice to emboss the full card.

Stamps: SU Weathered, Studio G-chandelier and sentiment
Paper: Pistachio Pudding, Very Vanilla, Recollections Chalkboard paper
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Sponge, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Candy Dots Brad Base, Pearl, Silk flower spray, Paper Rose, Very Vanilla Seam Binding
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Chalkboard, Brad Bow

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2429715#ixzz2gJjllugi

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Wow, just reading "Pistachio Pudding base..." made me hunger for pistachio pudding! That is a pretty, soft green! Lovely green paired with the ivory & the red flowers. Very nice brad bow, cool idea!

    ReplyDelete