Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Raindrops Keep Fallin'



Lydia had a fun challenge for us today in the Mixability Challenge. She called it Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head and showed us a fun way to make raindrops. I've made two cards so far and have another in the works.
My first card featured a piece I'd painted over a Gelli print that was made with bubble wrap and blue paints.

Stamps: none Paper: Recollections Ivory card, Early Espresso, Gel Print Paper Size: A7 Accessories: Acrylic Paints, Bubble Wrap, Gelatine Plate, Faber Castell pencils, Adirondak Espresso paint, TH Antique Linen paint, SU Chalkboard and Island Indigo markers, Pink Gelatos Techniques: Gel Printing, Painting with Acrylics

                                               Read more:   http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2602905#ixzz3QLcOyoyl



I used acrylic paints to paint my flowers and branches over the Gelli print. I then used pencils to add details and shading around them. I used a white chalkboard marker and an Island Indigo marker to add some highlights and stippling to my raindrops.


My second card features a piece of paper I made using the CitraSolv Magic technique and a page from a National Geographic. Here's a link to Lydia's tutorial for this technique. The ink on this page had smeared in nice raindrop shapes!
Stamps: Summer by the Sea, alphabet block stamps Paper: Recollections Ivory card and black, Watercolor paper, National Geographic page Paper Size: A7 Ink: Stazon Black, Versafine Onyx Accessories: Watercolor Crayons, Smoky Slate Marker, Sharpie White Paint Pen Techniques: CitraSolv Magic, Watercoloring with Watercolor Crayons, Spatter                                              Read more:    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2602992#ixzz3QLi3tf4R


First I outlined the shapes and added a little stippling.

I added some spatter over this piece. I went back with my Slate marker and added a bit more shading, and then a Sharpie white paint pen was used to add highlights to both the raindrops and the spatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment