Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Repeat after me, trust!

Today's Mixability challenge was to repeat shapes on our cards. I decided to go with hexagons. I used a punched acetate stencil to lay down Gelato colors on my paper first.
After scribbling the Gelatos onto the paper, I dry rubbed them a bit to intensify the colors. I then spritzed to let the colors bleed along the edges a bit. I then spritzed well again and added some salt. As it was pretty much dry, I started to add some hexagon embossing with the Honeycomb ef.

I used my silver ink rubbed along the top of the raised hexagons.

Here's the finished card with my word for 2015! More on that on my description at splitcoast
Stamps: Alphabits Paper: Smoky Slate, White Paper Size: A2 Ink: Basic Grey, Encore Silver, Versafine Onyx, MS petal inks, Gelatos Accessories: Black ep, 1/4" square punch and hexagon punch, Honeycomb ef, Tim Holtz-Umbrella Man die, Gridlock ef, Black and Smoky Slate markers, Cutter Kit Distressing Tool, Water Spritzer, Pretzel salt Techniques: Inked Embossing, Stenciling, Dry Rubbed Gelatos, Spritzing, Salted Background

Read more:   http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2598745#ixzz3P1fO4JYB

No comments:

Post a Comment