Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Resist for Static

     Today's Mixed Media Challenge is in honor of National Static Electricity Day. I chose to use a masking fluid resist technique to represent the static electricity. I flicked the masking fluid over it for my lines.
Step one-apply masking fluid and let it dry. I'm starting with a piece of scrap that I'd torn and used for a sponging mask.


Prepared acetate with ink with water spritzed over it

I've pressed the paper into the wet ink and then sprayed some homemade reinker spray over that. 

My final card. I layered some more wet ink over the first and then sponged over my masking fluid areas to give better definition once the fluid came off. I added some red yarn and blue twine after stamping my sentiment and adding some Silver Sharpie doodling and spatter.
Stamps: All I have Seen Paper: Recollections White Card, Midnight Muse, white Paper Size: A7 Ink: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Midnight Muse, TH: Peacock Feathers, Broken China Accessories: Masking Fluid, Spritzer, Blue reinkers, Water, Silver Sharpie, Twine, Yarn Techniques: Masking Fluid Resist, Wrinkle Free Distress, Spatter

Read more: 

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2596508#ixzz3OOCIAcwn
.

No comments:

Post a Comment