Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Art Deco Mixed Media


I've been having so much fun playing with Mixed Media that I decided to go that route for today's Inspiration Challenge on splitcoaststampers where I was inspired by these pretty ladies and vintage colors. 
      
Getting ready to get started


I went back to Birgit's technique of using Gesso and newspaper to create texture. I layered chipboard and a die cut branch onto my dictionary page that I'd coated with Gesso. I really glopped it onto the 3D pieces. I used a Qtip to clean up around the edges then I heat embossed to get the bubbled up texture.

I used a mask that I'd cut the oval out of to stamp my lady in Versafine Sepia. Then I covered her with the inner oval piece and sprayed with blue reinker mist and I spritzed Terra Cotta and Eucalyptus into the air and waved my piece through it for the top. I sprayed a little closer to get some drippage on the lower half. I then used my handy Qtip to directly add color to the branch and a bit onto the swirls..



I sponged Turquoise around the raised areas and edges.I added some copper highlights with a Qtip and Color Box Copper ink to the swirls and onto my lady's hair.

I used marker on acetate in Blush Blossom and Blushing Bride with a wet paintbrush to add a faint bit of color to the lady. I used the MS Hydrangea in blush blossom and vanilla and added copper highlights and pearls and curved them a bit with a stylus. I used my Pearl Pen to add the pearls to the smaller flowers and onto my lady image.

I had previously made the crinkled seam binding bow with an Antique Brad and later added 2 pieces of floral spray pearls.

Some tearing, distressing and lace round out the picture.
Stamps: Stampendous Deco Lady
Paper: Soft Suede, Island Indigo
Ink: Versafine Sepia, Tempting Turquoise, Color Box Copper, Tsukineko Walnut Stain Sprays-Terra Cotta, Eucalyptus, Blue Reinkers and water in a mister
Accessories: markers, paint brush, Gesso, Studio 112 chipboard, Tim Holtz Bird Branch die, Cutter Kit Distressing Tool, Ice White Pearl Pen, MS Feldspar seam binding, MS Hydrangea Punch, pearls, Lace
Techniques: Masking, Sponging, Reverse Masking, Brad Bow


1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Love how it turned out. Congrats on taking the plunge for your blog.

    ReplyDelete