Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Faux Denim Punch Art

Faux Denim Carriage CASE

Here's the finished product!

 

 My cyber friend Val aka Greywolf is this week's Queen for the Day on splitcoaststampers.com and I just had to make a card in her honor. I chose to CASE this card of Val's Val's Baby Card. I was also playing along with the inspiration challenge and was inspired by the denim on the inspiration site, Madewell. That influenced my to go with faux denim instead of dp on my baby carriage.
Faux denim is an easy technique that is basically just direct to paper taken to another level. I used 4 blues for this: Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy. 
Take your ink pad and swipe it along the piece of card stock

Here's the first layer of color-Bashful Blue in vertical direction

Here's layer #2 Baja Breeze both vertical and horizontally swiped.

Layer #3 is Marina Mist. You can stop at any point with your colors when you get it at the point the you desire.

I wanted a darker "wash" so I finished up with Not Quite Navy


To make my baby carriage, I punched a Baja circle and cut another circle a little smaller in the denim. I then cut that into two pieces for my carriage. I had a piece of Whisper White cut in the Tasteful Trims die that I used for the trim. I punched 3/4" circles with brad centers and popped those for the wheels. I inked up my stamp with Baja then added Not Quite Navy to the dots and stamped on Whisper White and punched with the tag punch and punched a large tag in the faux denim. I layered these and added an Island Indigo Baker's Twine bow using a mini glue dot. I rounded my corners as Val did.

Stamps: SU Punch Bunch
Paper: Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: 2 1/2", 3/4"and 1/16" circle punches, Small and Large Tag and Corner Rounder Punches, Tasteful Trims Die, Vintage Brads, Island Indigo Baker's Twine
Techniques: Faux Denim, Punch Art


No comments:

Post a Comment