Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Left Handed Doodling

    Whew, sometimes challenges are really challenging! Today for the Mixability Challenge at splitcoastampers Dina asked us to doodle with our non-dominant hands! I was hanging with my youngest DD who was still doing school and used what I had right handy (pardon the pun) which was index cards and a fine point pen. My first piece started with a tree I copied from the cover of a book, What On Earth Am I Here For? I freehanded the tree and leaves with my right hand, then added my bark doodling with my left. 
I'm glad I chose bark for my doodling as you can see my hand wasn't real steady! I used Gelatos to color most of the leaves and a metallic Sharpie for the rest. 

 
     I used brown acrylic paint to color my tree and it sort of covered up all my hard work....so, pulled the pen out again to add the "bark" back to the tree!I think my hand got a bit of brown paint as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment