Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sketched Masculine Duo

     I made two masculine cards for this week's sketch challenge.  We have a really nice sketch from Janette this week.
    The first card I made is for my DH who is a pastor. It can sure get rough sometimes and I wanted to encourage him. I went with a Scripture verse from Verve. I used both woodgrain dp and an embossed woodgrain. I used a sand dollar for my circle piece with a burlap piece behind it. Lots of spatter from Gorgeous Grunge spread around as well as some sponging and scoring around the edges of my sentiment square and frame.

Stamps: Nature's Wonders, Gorgeous Grunge, Verve-PJ011 Ps 51:10 Paper: Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Soho Subway, Natural Ivory, Confetti White Paper Size: A2 Ink: Soft Suede, Versafine Smokey Slate, Early Espresso Accessories: Scoring Board, Sponge, Tim Holtz Woodgrain ef, burlap Techniques: Dry Embossing, Scoring, Sponging Read more:      http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2490043#ixzz2uOHStXUz
     I stuck with a masculine, earthy feel to my second card as well.
Lots of distressed edges with sponging as well as a woodgrain piece. My sentiment is embossed and then the panel was torn and a faux burnt edge added. This is really simple to do: tear your edge then sponge with a lighter brown (Soft Suede) add a darker brown (Chocolate Chip) then finally your darkest brown or a black (Basic Black) Make sure you not only sponge along the edge while it is laying flat, but also pick up the piece to sponge perpendicular to the torn piece for the best effect.
Stamps: Stampendous-Blessing Paper: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Recollections-Ferns Paper Size: A2 Ink: Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Versamark Accessories: Cutter Kit Distressing Tool, Sponge, Distressed Texturz Plate, Burlap, Twine, Tim Holtz Button, 1/2" circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Early Espresso ep Techniques: Distressing, Sponging, Faux Burnt Edge, Dry Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2490042#ixzz2uOIxLFxF

1 comment:

  1. this is a very pretty card. I love the natural elements that you added! Well done.
    beesmom from splitcoast

    ReplyDelete