Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tent Topper Twice


Today's sketch from Ally aka thecircleguru was perfect for me to try out the tent topper tutorial from splitcoaststampers. 

For the first I sponged in my floral frame die and stamped my images on the topper element.
The dragonflies have Dazzling Details Silver Sparkle added to them and I layered punched silver glimmer and turquoise papers for my smaller circle element. 
I am loving the SU Chalk Marker which I used for the heart around the feet as well as the dots around the edges of the circle. I had seen a fun Pinterest idea for making a scalloped edge and used that for the trim around my topper piece on my second card.
Here are the tools-edge punch, crimper, scissors, sticky strip or other strong adhesive

Run the punched strip through the crimper (my strip is ~3/4" wide)

Use the scissors to snip part way up the strip. This will make it easier to fit it around the curved edges of your circle.

This is the back side of my panel with an oops (my demo always said that's why paper has two sides!). I put the sticky strip along the edges then adhered the crimped strip.

Overlap the end being sure to line up the holes in the design.

Here's the completed piece

Because this is a topper and the back will show, I diecut another circle to glue over the trim. I rolled the woodgrain design on because there were some white ink smudges (guess I'd forgotten to clean my wheel as there is definitely some grey mixed in there). I added the sticky strip to the lower part that will be sticking to the card base.

You can lay your base down on your score board or grid paper with the bottom at the 5 1/2" mark. Then you adhere your topper so that the top is just below the edge of your score board.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOUR CARDS!!!!!!!!!! WHAT a FABULOUS IDEA to use your crimper like this!!! I LOOOOOVE to see people using "old" tools!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete