Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Triple Stamped Sympathy

     This is my card for this week's sketch challenge. I thought the sketch would work great for a triple stamped card and I wanted to try out these colors after seeing this pretty card by girlgeek101.  Here's the sketch Janette gave us.
    
 Sorry, I forgot to take my camera down when I started so I don't have the initial stage, but here are the layers. I used temporary glue dots to hold them in place when I stamped. I stamped in Versamark then embossed with clear ep.  There will be a slight gap along each edge, but it will get covered up so don't worry! I colored with my SU markers including the Stampin' Chalk marker which is SOOOO much easier than a gel pen!

I've laid the pieces back down so you can see how they will fit together.

     Here are the image layers reassembled with their Soft Suede framing in place (each frame is 1/8" larger than the image piece), I sponged the edges with Soft Suede before assembling.
     Here's the final product. I had to stamp my sentiment separately and punch it and layer it on because I didn't leave enough room for it on my center square.
Stamps: Bordering On Romance, Petite Pairs Paper: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede Paper Size: 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 Ink: Versamark, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip Accessories: Clear ep, Markers: Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Stampin' Chalk, Sponge, Thread, Glue Dot, Stampin' Dimensional, Oval Punch  Techniques: Triple Stamping, Sponging, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2484102#ixzz2t4tePnfn

     Hope you'll join along and make a card with this fun sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment