Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Brick Wall Doodle Technique

One of our LOVE FEST challenges on splitcoast asked us to doodle on our cards. I decided to use a Zentangle technique to make a brick wall. Here's the final card.
Here are step by step photos of the doodled brick technique. You start with evenly spaced horizontal lines. I staggered mine (I ended up adding one more layer of bricks on top later).

Step 2 is to add the staggered vertical lines. Don't worry about making them too straight as you want them to look like irregular bricks or stones.

Step 3 is to go back with your pen and round each corner adding the grout. I also go over each "brick" to make the "grout" between the two horizontal layers as well.
Last step is to use small dots to add texture. I then stamped my foliage in white craft ink then used watercolor pencils to add the color to them. I crumpled my panel for some more texture and tore the edges of the panel and distressed the edges of the framing. 
I also doodled on the flower adding white dots to the center and black dots along the petals after snipping each petal of the scallop circle. I distressed my notched banners.
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Circle of Friendship Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Confetti White, Pacific Point, Pear Pizzazz Paper Size: A2 Ink: Whisper White Craft, Basic Black Accessories: Hexagon, 3/4" square, 1"circle and Scallop Circle Punches, Black Marker, Piercing Tool, Watercolor Pencils, Gingham Ribbon Techniques: Zentangle, Crumpling, Tearing, Doodling, Paper Flower, Black Magic
Read more:    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2490513#ixzz2uU7W1MYB

No comments:

Post a Comment