Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Faux Bokeh

     Our technique challenge this week was to create a faux Bokeh effect. I wasn't familiar with the term so I went to google for help and fell in love with the first picture I saw. I'm a big blue fan and I love leaves so I decided to try to recreate the look on my card.


I found this tutorial by Betsy Veldman to be really helpful. I stamped my leaves first with Daffodil Delight with Pumpkin Pie thumped onto the leaf image. I then added more Daffodil as the image isn't quite solid. I then masked these leaves to add the Bokeh effect. I started by sponging Pool Party onto my Whisper White card stock. I then added Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point concentrating the color onto the corners. I used the idea of using double stick tape to use the back side of a small circular stamp to add my circles. I used the same 3 colors stamping full strength as well as stamped off. I also stamped a few in Whisper White. I started with a die cut branch (Little Leaves die with leaves cut off) but decided I wanted a flat effect so I used a marker instead. I also decided to stamp and fussy cut another leaf and layer this, slightly popped over one of the leaves. I also added Crystal Effects to both of the leaves. If you don't have this stamp set yet, you might want to grab it before it retires....it is definitely one of my faves!
Stamps: French Foliage
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Early Espresso markers, sponge, Crystal Effects
Techniques: Masking, Sponging, Thumping

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2371356#ixzz2TKKYp3rH

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail! Your card is beautiful. I think you had great success with this technique...it's fun, isn't it? Thanks so much for sharing your link with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete