Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Who Can Resist?




Are you like me when you see a new technique? I get ideas popping and love to try new things. A while back Dina Kowal posted a tutorial that splitcoast featured using a technique that was new to me, pencil resist. Instead of heat embossing or using some other form of water based ink-resistant media like crayon, you use waxy colored pencils to color the area you wish to resist the ink you then put on in the 2nd step. My 10yo DD loves leopard print and bling so I was thinking of her when I made this, but it isn't quite right for her. Guess I'll just have to try again....maybe in pink! 
Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas-Postage set?
Paper: Black, Brushed Gold, Mocha Morning dp?, Very Vanilla
Ink: More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Versafine Smokey Grey
Accessories: Black detail embossing powder, sponge, pleated black ribbon, sponge, Offray gold mesh ribbon, gem flourish and gems, foam squares, TCP-Stamp Trio die, Labels Nine Nestabilities, charm, Plaid-leopard print stencil
Techniques: Pencil Resist, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2369701#ixzz2SrKre0oW

Here's what my panel looked like before I sponged with More Mustard and Cajun Craze.


No comments:

Post a Comment