Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Mixing Up Techniques


This mixed media piece began with the pounded flower technique.
Here's what the pounded flowers gave me. I had to fiddle around with the sandwich and I think the warp in my acrylic plates affected the amount of color I got.
I took a wet paintbrush to pick up ink from the lids of my inkpads (Pear Pizzazz for the stems and Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush for the flowers)

I added a color wash with Ballet Blue as well as putting a bit of blue in the flowers. I also took markers to add more definition to the flowers and stems.

I used a Sahara Sand marker to shade around the flowers. I added some Impressionist "dots" in Plum to the flowers.

Last media added was chalk ink in two colors of blue around the flowers and on the edges. I scored a frame in my Pear card base, framed the panel in Concord Crush and threw on a few purple gems. 

Stamps: Wonderful Words
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, MS chalk ink
Accessories: Markers: Perfect Plum, Wild Wasabi, Sahara Sand, Paintbrush, gems, Scoring Board
Techniques: Scoring, Pounded Flowers, Watercoloring

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2368241#ixzz2SZsxVoGi

No comments:

Post a Comment