Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Wedding Time Too!

Looking forward to the weddings coming this summer. My niece has only four more weeks to wait. Anna and I had fun attending her shower on Saturday. Here are the cards I put together using her colors....I made her invitations so I'm quite familiar with the colors!
The bride and groom to be live in Chicago and my niece's colors were inspired by the beautiful sunrise/sunset skies and skyline from her drives to and from work. She described what she wanted as "urban and elegant" I stamped my skyline in Smokey Grey and masked over it then stamped my flourish in Blushing Bride and added Baja Breeze spatter. Tsukineko was kind enough to email me the RGB code so we could get the printed part to match the stamped ink color.
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Viva Las Vegas-Chicago Skyline
Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Versafine Smokey Grey
Accessories: Double hole punch, Baja Breeze seam binding
Techniques: Masking

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2354762#ixzz2Tq4mMkQW





I embossed a Tulip frame in Blushing Bride then stamped my Jumbo Peony from Stampendous in the same ink color and added a flourish from the set stamped in Baja. I sponged along the edges in the same colors.I added some Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll Pen accents and covered them with Crystal Effects. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Smokey Grey and added my pleated Blushing Bride ribbon with rhinestone accents.
Stamps: Stampendous Jumbo Peony, Hampton Arts sentiment
Paper: Blushing Bride, Whisper White
Ink: Blushing Bride, Baja Breeze, Versafine Smokey Grey
Accessories: Sakura Gelly Roll Pen-Clear, Crystal Effects, Blushing Bride pleated Ribbon, Rhinestones
Techniques: Sponging

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2373151#ixzz2Tq49EIlC
This will be the card I'll use for our wedding gift. It is a CASE of Jill's beautiful gatefold card.This is a 5x7" card as the ef is larger and I loved the look of the piece I embossed and couldn't bring myself to cut it down to a smaller size. The MBossabilities ef was inked on the negative side with Baja and Blushing Bride and embossed onto Whisper White. I added shimmer spray to it and the sentiment which has gelly roll pen accents with Crystal Effects over it as well as the added pearls. I sponged it while still in the die.
Stamps: Elegant Greetings
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride
Ink: Blushing Bride, Baja Breeze, Versafine Smokey Grey
Accessories: SB MBossabilities Reverence ef, SB Nestabilities Labels Nine, Sponge, Home made shimmer spray with frost white shimmer paint, Sakura Gelly Roll Pen-clear Star, pearls, white organdy ribbon, spritzer, Crystal Effects
Techniques: Faux Letterpress, Shimmer Spray




No comments:

Post a Comment