Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Last Week Guest Designing for the Color Challenge

I've had so much fun this past month as a guest designer for the Color Challenge on splitcoaststampers.com.  I love the color's Kim chose for this week: Island Indigo, Pool Party and Lucky Limeade with a dessert of piercing. I was inspired by necklaces I saw on this past week's Inspiration site Jennspendants. I finally took the time to make a light box for taking photos of my cards and on this gloomy, rainy Memorial Day it sure was worth it!
This one is a reverse mask circle sponged with the 3 colors and stamped with a tree inked with Limeade then with the trunk and branches inked with a Chocolate Chip marker. I pierced around my circle and in the corners of the card base. I sponged my sentiment as well using a Word Window punched mask. I made a brad bow using the closest blue ribbon I had which was an oldie-Blue Bayou! This one was inspired by this beautiful tree necklace
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers
Paper: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Ink: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Striped Embossing Folder, Occasions Piercing Guide, Mat Pack, Piercing Tool, Star Brads, Blue Bayou Stitched Ribbon, Punches: Modern Label, Word Window, Corner Rounder, Chocolate Chip Marker
Techniques: Masking, Sponging, Piercing, Dry Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2376966#ixzz2UYLg0Pfg

I went in the Mixed Media direction with this one base on another tree necklace. I started with a dictionary page that I coated with Gesso. I used MS chalk inks to add color then a wet paintbrush and a sponge with the 3 colors. I die cut my tree and added texture to it and the base with the Distressed Texturz plate. I die cut my birds and sponged them a bit too. I inked my sentiment with Versamark first then the Indigo and embossed in clear.
Stamps: Print Works-Give Your Burdens
Paper: Kraft, Dictionary Page, Chocolate Chip, Island Indigo
Ink: MS Chalk Inks, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Versamark, Early Espresso
Accessories: Matte White Gesso, foam brush, paintbrush, sponge, Clear ep, Distressed Texturz Plate, Memory Box Dies-Bare Tree and Resting Birds, CM Circle Cutting System, Corner Rounder Punch
Techniques: Sponging, Dry Embossing, Mixed Media

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2376982#ixzz2UYMWPx4Z
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on the color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed at SCS that you have a blog and came for a visit! I love the tree with the sponged background and missed it in the gallery. I'm so glad I stopped by. Would have hated to miss it.

    ReplyDelete