Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Asian Sketch and CASE

     I had the opportunity to use the pretty color combo from today's color challenge. The first card is made as a sample for this week's sketch from Janette.
     I flipped the sketch to accommodate the vertical image I was using. 
       I used the inlaid embossing technique on my leaf strip. Such an easy look to achieve by gluing die cut shapes to a strip before embossing with an embossing folder with a close, overall pattern such as the Square Lattice that I used here. My image was inked with markers, spritzed with water then stamped onto paper also spritzed with water.
 Here's a close up of both the techniques. I added detail to my images by watercoloring with ink from the ink pad lids followed by pointillism dots added in with markers. I added some Sahara Sand marker around the images as well. I stamped some spatter on as well too.
Stamps: Asian Artistry, Gorgeous Grunge, Petite Pairs Paper: Natural White, Pistachio Pudding, Always Artichoke Paper Size: A2 Ink: Marina Mist, Always Artichoke Accessories: Water Spritzer, Sponge, Cutter Kit Distressing Tool, Oval Punches, Little Leaves Die, Square Lattice and Tulip Frame efs Techniques: Inset Embossing, Distressing, Sponging, Omitting With Markers, Watercoloring with ink pad, Spritzing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2496215#ixzz2viVbiG00

     Here's a second card I made with the same pretty colors. This one is a CASE of this beautiful card by pawallen142, Queen Penny. 
Stamps: Asian Artistry, You're My Type Paper: Natural White, Pistachio Pudding, Always Artichoke, Marina Mis tPaper Size: A2 Ink: Always Artichoke, Marina Mist, Pistachio Pudding Accessories: Always Artichoke Seam Binding, Candy Dots, Sponge, Paintbrush, Markers Techniques: Omitting With Markers, Sponging, Painting with Ink From Ink Pad Lids

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2496220#ixzz2viWZw5c6

No comments:

Post a Comment