Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Bag Mono-printing

Here's the first card I wound up with using my mono-printed background piece. It is a fun technique to play with.

Stamps: Wonderful Words, Studio G Dragonflies Paper: Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant, Gumball Green, Wisteria Wonder Paper Size: A2 Ink: Pool Party, Baja Breeze, MS chalk inks, Island Indigo, Versamark, Wisteria Wonder Accessories: Clear ep, dry wall mesh tape, sponge, silver cord, Cheery Lynn Pair of Ferns, floral spray, MS seam binding, Stickles Techniques: Bag Monoprinting, Sponging, Embossing

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2497344#ixzz2vzfvxjoZ

   
Smeared the plastic bag with my ink pad-spritzed with alcohol then pressed the paper into it.
 
Took a wet brush to the ink this time

Let the inky water drip down

Here's what they look like dried

This time I wet my finger and swirled the ink around

Here's the prints at this point. I then stamped the paper with my dragonflies and lightly spritzed before adding them to the print.
When I put together the card, I added lots of chalk ink accents.

Here's a card using the 2nd piece. Lots of added watercolor and markers over the bg piece. 
Stamps: World Treasures, Words of Wisdom, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Stampendous-Jumbo Peony, Michael's feather Paper: Perfect Plum, Island Indigo, Natural White, scrap from wedding invite Paper Size: A2 Ink: Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Versamark Accessories: Markers, Watercolor crayons, paint brush, MS seam binding, Designer Label punch Techniques: watercoloring, Bag Monoprinting

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2497919#ixzz2wAOhChGC

No comments:

Post a Comment