Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Using the Reverse

I had to make a couple more cards inspired by Loll's gallery of goodies. I saw a few CASEs of the pretty card below and thought I could make a quick rendition last night incorporating fringe for the Technique Challenge. I didn't keep it quite as CAS as the original card. 
Loll's beautiful card


My version-a bit grunged up and with the fringe on the left.Stamps: Timber Wheel, Gorgeous Grunge, So Many Sayings Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla Paper Size: A2 Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso Accessories: Secret Garden Framelits, Cork Sheet, Early Espresso Marker and ep, Versamarker, Sponge, Crimper Techniques: Sponging, Omitting With Markers

Read more: 
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2498528#ixzz2wKR6p3dW
I purposely cut my cork from a large piece so that I could use the reverse on a 2nd card. I had originally thought to use the same layout, but drifted a bit from that original plan ;)

Here's the final result. I had cut a piece of dp intending to lay my cork piece to create the split panel as in the first card, but liked the way it looked centered. I then added my sentiment tab backed with a piece of fringed burlap.Stamps: Hampton Arts sentiment Paper: Kraft, Early Espresso Core paper, Neutral pattern pack dp Paper Size: A2 Ink: Crumb Cake Accessories: Tim Holtz Woodgrain ef, stapler, sanding block, Earl Espresso marker, Designer Label Punch, Burlap, Buttons, Cork Sheet, Sponge, Burlap String, Foam squares Techniques: Reverse Die Cut, Sponging, Dry Embossing, Sanding, Sponging, Omitting With Marker
Read more:
 http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2498530#ixzz2wKSMdhrp

No comments:

Post a Comment